Why is ECE a promising career option for students?June 15, 2022
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) continues to evolve as a promising domain for budding engineers as modern applications like the Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics, and Embedded Systems are highly dependent on the knowledge of ECE. A degree in ECE allows an individual to gain knowledge in major areas including telecommunications, energy and electronics sectors while developing required skills for the incorporation of hardware and software components. Embedded systems, VLSI, wireless communication, and signal processing are more multidisciplinary specialties in higher studies for ECE students.
Prospering job roles after B.Tech ECE :
- Electronics & Communications Consultant
- Electronics Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- R&D Software Engineer
- Firstline Technician
- Network Planning Engineer
Job prospects of ECE :
Coming to the job prospects, ECE students typically find jobs in major companies like Wipro Lighting, Bajaj Electricals, Freescale Semiconductors, Alstom Corporate, Havel’s, Crompton Greaves, Neolex Cables, Schneider Electric, Bharat Heavy Electricals, Exide Industries, Tata Electric. In addition, an individual can find decent opportunities in network communication companies like Siemens, BSNL, Sony Ericsson, Reliance and Nokia. Some students find it difficult to get a place in core ECE jobs after completing their course. However, they can try for non-core jobs in private firms like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Accenture
- The institute is tied up with Miracle Software Systems based in the USA.
- State-of-art infrastructure facilities to facilitate students through best of the learning
- Highly professional and experienced teaching staff provide the best technical and academic input to students
- Digital library with vast collection of e-journals, books, and periodicals
- Well-equipped workshops and laboratories
- Round-the-clock internet facility enables students to browse the internet and gather knowledge about all kind of information
About the Department :
The Department of ECE was established in the year 2009 with an initial intake of 60 students. Later, it was increased to 120 during the academic year 2010-11. The Department offers B. Tech. program in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M. Tech degree in VLSI Design and Embedded systems. The department has highly qualified faculty having specialized in diversified areas of technology like Communications, Signal Processing, Microelectronics, Microprocessors, VLSI, Instrumentation and Control, and Digital Electronics. The laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced software that enables the design of very large scale Integrated (VLSI) circuits, MATLAB.
Department Vision & Mission :
- To offer value-based quality education in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, keeping in pace with the latest developments in technology
- To impart knowledge and practical skills needed to manufacture sustainable and modern electronic devices, circuits, and communication equipment.
- To make students adapt to the emerging technologies that are revolutionizing the engineering landscape. To provide students with hands-on experience that top employers look for.
Placement opportunities for students studying ECE at Miracle
Our placement cell works uninterrupted in bringing a wide variety of opportunities for our students and helping them get placed in the best corporate companies. Along with executing placement drives, we also conduct summer training, orientation programs, internships, and seminars. For the year 2020-21, around 50 students from ECE department got placed in top IT firms such as Cognizant, Accenture, Mindtree, Capgemini, etc., with handsome packages.